Stargazer Hollow will have a very limited number of 2021 CSA shares available.
We have a diversified farm with vegetables and fruits, microgreens, ducks (and duck eggs), honeybees (and honey), and cut flowers. We’re not certified organic because our land isn’t eligible for certification yet, but we generally practice regenerative agriculture methods and only treat our plants if absolutely necessary, only with OMRI-listed (organic) treatments.
CSA shares can be picked up at our booth at the Hingham Farmers Market 9-1 Saturdays, or delivered to your house on Fridays if you’re in our delivery area.
If you need to skip a week and let us know in advance, that is fine, and please let us know if you’d like a double share the next week or want some other plan. If you don’t let us know in advance but don’t pick up your share, we will donate it.
All Shares Include:
- 2 Baskets/Boxes (depends on what we can get this winter) to rotate — each week bring us your basket, and we’ll give you your other basket packed with items
- A reusable shopping tote bag with our farm logo on it
- Produce storage best practices magnet
- A weekly recipe of the week card using items from your share
Full Share June – September 16 week $525
- Approximately 7-10 items + 2 salad mix + herbs.
- Typically feeds 3-4 people, or 2 people who cook regularly and eat a lot of vegetables.
- Example mid-summer share: 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, 1 pound heirloom slicing tomatoes, 4 lemon cucumbers, 2 pickling cucumbers, 1 pint red cipollini onions, 1 pint strawberries, 2 zucchini, 2 summer squash, 2 salad mix with edible flowers, 2 basil, 1 mint.
Half Share June – September 16 week $275
- Approximately 4-5 items + salad mix + herbs.
- Typically feeds 2 people, or a family that does not cook often.
- Example mid-summer share: 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, 4 lemon cucumbers, 1 pint red cipollini onions, 1 pint strawberries, 1 zucchini, 1 salad mix with edible flowers, 1 basil, 1 mint.
- A large bouquet of about 12-15 stems per week + greens
- A pretty vase from a local glassblower at the beginning of the season (value ~$80)
- Flower Share (add-on to produce shares) $325
- Egg Share $95
- Half dozen free-range duck eggs
- Extended Season May and October 8 week $80
- Approx 3-4 items + salad mix + herbs
- Example May share: 2 bunches French breakfast radishes, 1 bunch rainbow carrots, 1 bag kale, 1 bag salad mix, 2 bunches mint
- Example October share: 1 pie pumpkin, 1 bunch leeks, 1 bag of pears, 1 bag of salad mix, 1 bunch of lavender, 1 bunch of mint.
- Farmers Market Gift Card $50
- A $100 gift card to use at our farmers market booth in Hingham, at a 50% discount, if you think you’ll want to buy extra stuff (honey, for example)
A primary reason that we are doing CSAs is that we need some farm money over the winter to buy seeds and supplies, just to put that info on the table 🙂
- Deposit for all payment options: $100 to hold your CSA spot
- Early Pay Discount: Pay in Full by January 1 to save 20% on your total invoice
- Standard: Pay In Full by April 1
- Installments: Pay 50% by April 1 and 50% by June 1
If you’d like to work on the farm (in Walpole) in exchange for your CSA share, we are also accepting a few workshares! We’d be looking for about 4 hours a week, ideally in one shift per week.
It’s not a problem if you haven’t gardened or farmed before, and we will work with you on identifying reasonable tasks. Please note that we have bees and ducks in the garden space, and dogs occasionally in the yard.
To discuss a workshare, please email us at email@example.com
How to Sign Up
Fill out this form, and we will send over an agreement and invoice for the deposit to the email address that you provide on the form.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org