Snap Pea Panzanella with Grilling Cheese
- Baking tray
- Salad bowl
- Frying pan
- 2 C Sugar Snap Peas trimmed
- 2 C Spring Mix salad greens roughly chopped
- 2 Scallions finely chopped
- 1 T Mint finely chopped
- ¼ t Garlic minced
- ½ C Olive Oil
- 1 T White Wine
- 2 slices Sourdough bread cut into ½” cubes
- 4 oz Grilling Cheese thickly sliced
- 1 pinch Salt
- Set out ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Toss sourdough with 2T olive oil and salt until coated.
- Arrange sourdough on a baking tray and cook approximately 10 minutes, until toasted.
- Whisk together wine, 2T olive oil, garlic, and mint in a small bowl. Set aside as dressing.
- In a serving bowl, combine snap peas, spring mix, scallions, and toasted sourdough.
- In a frying pan, heat remaining 2T of olive oil over medium high heat. Cook grilling cheese approximately 2 minutes per side, until golden.
- Allow cheese to slightly cool, combine with salad, add dressing, and serve.
Jay Mendelsohn is the co-founder of Stargazer Hollow, and he heads up the farming operation here. He cares for all of the vegetables, trees, herbs, fruits, and animals here at the farm.
Jay is also a long-time professional chef, and creates the recipe of the week as well as passing on tips for vegetable preparation and pairings!