Spring Greens Flatbread
- Frying pan
- Pizza stone
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 3 C spring mix salad greens
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- ¾ C romano cheese grated
- 3 T olive oil
- flour or cornmeal for work surface
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add 1T olive oil, scallions, and spring mix
- Stirring occasionally, heat for about 5 minutes to wilt greens
- Add flour or cornmeal to your work surface to prevent dough from sticking
- Roll out dough to approximately ¼" thickness -- imperfection is fine!
- Spread remaining olive oil over crust, and add wilted greens + scallion mix and the romano cheese
- Bake, ideally on a pizza stone, for 11-12 minutes
- Serve immediately for best taste
If you’d prefer not to use pre-made dough, a great easy one to make at home is King Arthur’s!
Jay Mendelsohn is the co-founder of Stargazer Hollow, and he heads up the farming operation here. He cares for all of the vegetables, trees, herbs, fruits, and animals here at the farm.
Jay is also a long-time professional chef, and creates the recipe of the week as well as passing on tips for vegetable preparation and pairings!