Snap Pea Risotto with Garlic Scape Butter
- Large Skillet
- Medium Saucepan
- 3 C Chicken Broth
- 1 C White Wine
- 1 C Arborio Rice
- 1/3 C Atwells Gold Cheese grated
- 1 C Sugar Snap Peas trimmed and cut into ½” pieces
- 1/4 C Scallions chopped
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Garlic Scape Butter
- Set out ingredients
- In a medium saucepan, heat chicken broth to medium heat
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat
- Add scallions to skillet and cook for 3 minutes
- Add rice, stir to combine ensuring rice is coated with oil. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat on the pan to medium-high, add the wine, and cook, stirring constantly, until the wine is absorbed.
- Add one soup ladle of stock from the saucepan to the pan at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed.
- Along with the final ladle of stock, add the snap peas. After absorbing this final ladle, the rice should be tender, but still have a crisp exterior. This takes 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add garlic scape butter and Atwell’s Gold cheese.
Meghan Buckley is the co-founder of Stargazer Hollow, and is the business end of the farm.
Meghan handles the website and marketing, accounting, farmers markets, conference planning, and all the other little admin overhead that a farm needs.
She also loves getting her hands dirty, and helps with duck care, vegetable harvesting, and lots of cooking and canning!