Prosciutto & Spring Greens Crustless Quiche
- Pie Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 5 Duck Eggs
- 1 C Spring Mix roughly chopped
- 1 C Scallions thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 C Prosciutto chopped
- ½ C Milk
- 2 C Gruyere grated
- ½ C Romano Cheese grated
- 1 T Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt butter and sauté scallions and garlic for 5 minutes, until aromatic and softened
- Add spring mix and prosciutto to saucepan, and cook for additional 3 minutes
- Beat together eggs, milk, and cheese in a mixing bowl
- Mix together vegetables and egg mixture
- Pour into oiled pie pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center
This quiche is a great make-ahead breakfast, as well as being a nice way to use up any extra salad greens at the end of the week.
We get our milk from a local farm, Crescent Ridge Dairy. If you’re in the greater Boston area, I definitely recommend checking them out for that old-style “milkman” experience!
Jay Mendelsohn is the co-founder of Stargazer Hollow, and he heads up the farming operation here. He cares for all of the vegetables, trees, herbs, fruits, and animals here at the farm.
Jay is also a long-time professional chef, and creates the recipe of the week as well as passing on tips for vegetable preparation and pairings!